Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's women's tennis team bounced back following a tough one-point loss at home earlier this week as the fourth-ranked Fighting Knights went on the road Saturday and dropped Embry-Riddle in Sunshine State Conference action, 8-1.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, ERAU 1
Records: #4 Lynn (12-2, 4-0 SSC), ERAU (6-7, 1-4 SSC)
Location: Crotty Tennis Complex | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 12-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White got off to a strong start with a sweep in pairs play.
- The tandems of Klaudia Boczova and Eliska Petrackova at No. 1 and Diana Bogolii and Anastacia Parkin at No. 3 logged 8-1 doubles wins for the Fighting Knights.
- Eleonora Liga and Federica Mordegan battled for a 9-7 triumph at No. 2 doubles.
- Lynn carried the momentum into singles, winning five of six with the only loss coming via retirement at No. 3.
- At the top of the lineup, nationally-ranked Boczova (6-0, 6-1) and Bogolii (6-4, 6-4) secured wins for Lynn at the top two singles flights, respectively.
- Petrackova (6-2, 6-1), Liga (6-2, 6-0) and Parkin (6-1, 2-1, ret.) rounded out the Fighting Knights' lineup with straight-set victories.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Boczova continued her dominance in singles and has yet to drop a set so far this season.
- Today's match marked the final stretch of the regular season featuring only SSC contests.
Lynn is back at home on Tuesday, March 27, with a 1 p.m. matchup against Eckerd.