BOCA RATON, Fla. – Four of the six singles matches went to three sets on Saturday as Lynn University's women's tennis team hosted Saint Leo University in Sunshine State Conference action. The seventh-ranked Fighting Knights did just enough to secure a 5-4 victory over the ninth-ranked Lions to remain undefeated in league play.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 5, Saint Leo 4
Records: #7 Lynn (14-2, 6-0 SSC), #9 Saint Leo (12-4, 3-3 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 24-6
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn logged wins in two of the three doubles bouts for an early advantage.
- The 28th-ranked duo of Klaudia Boczova and Eliska Petrackova took down the 43rd-ranked tandem of Maja Pindelska and Madeleine Gauthier at the top flight, 8-1.
- Diana Bogolii and Federic Mordegan were victories at No. 3, 8-6.
- The Lions notched their first point of the day at No. 2 doubles, 8-4.
- In singles, eighth-ranked ranked Boczova handled 19th-ranked Marta Vicens Miquel at the top position, 6-1, 6-2.
- Saint Leo brought the score to 3-2 with a three-set win at No. 3 singles.
- Eleonora Liga inched Lynn further out in front with a 6-0, 6-3 triumph at No. 4.
- 41st-ranked Bogolii battled 60th-ranked Kristina Jurkova in a marathon at No. 2. The Fighting Knight senior clinched the win for Lynn with a well-deserved 6-2, 5-7, 6-4 victory.
- Saint Leo closed out the day with wins at No. 5 and No. 6, both in three sets.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn now has seven wins over nationally-ranked foes this season.
- Boczova picked up her sixth singles win over a nationally-ranked opponent.
Lynn has a huge matchup on Tuesday, April 3, hosting nationally ranked and South Florida rival Barry at 3 p.m.