BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's fourth-ranked women's tennis squad closed out its 2018 home slate with a dominant 8-1 Sunshine State Conference victory over No. 26 Nova Southeastern University on Thursday.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, NSU 1
Records: #4 Lynn (15-3, 7-1 SSC), #26 NSU (6-13, 4-5 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 29-2
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights posted wins at the first and third doubles flights for a 2-1 advantage over NSU.
- The Sharks scored the first point of the match with a win via retirement at No. 2 doubles.
- Natalie Kallmunzerova, making her return to the courts, teamed up with Diana Bogolii for an 8-1 win at No. 3.
- In a battle of ranked squads at the top flight, Lynn's 13th-ranked Klaudia Boczova and Eliska Petrackova upset 10th-ranked Andrea Ivanovic/Daniella Obando, 8-3.
- Eleonora Liga started off the scoring in singles play, leading 6-0, 2-0 at No. 6 before her opponent retired.
- Petrackova picked up her second win of the day with a 6-1, 6-1 triumph at No. 4.
- In another battle of ranked players at No. 1 singles, 11th-ranked Boczova rebounded from an early deficit to down No. 26 Ana Navas, 7-5, 6-3.
- 38th-ranked Kallmunzerova and 36th-ranked Bogolli followed up with straight-set wins at the fifth and third flights, respectively.
- Federica Mordegan was up in the third set at No. 2 before her opponent retired (6-3, 3-6, 4-2).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Nova has dropped five of its last six matches, but all five losses came to Division I Delaware and nationally-ranked Division II teams.
- Kallmunzerova returned to the lineup after being sidelined nearly a month due to injury, missing the last nine matches.
Lynn heads to Tampa this weekend for a 10 a.m. league matchup on Sunday, April 8.