Tampa, Fla. – Lynn University's women's tennis team picked up another Sunshine State Conference and top-25 victory on Sunday as the fourth-ranked Fighting Knights bested No. 24 Tampa on the road, 7-2.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Tampa 2
Records: #4 Lynn (16-3, 8-1 SSC), #24 Tampa (10-7, 4-5 SSC)
Location: Naimoli Complex | Tampa, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 29-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights set the tone for the morning with a sweep in pairs play, taking all three doubles contests.
- The 13th-ranked pair of Klaudia Boczova and Eliska Petrackova along with the duo of Diana Bogolii and Natalie Kallmunzerova each logged 8-2 wins at the first and third flights, respectively.
- Eleonora Liga and Federica Mordegan rounded out the sweep with an 8-5 win at No. 2.
- In singles play, 11th-ranked Boczova and Liga each recorded dominant 6-0, 6-0 wins at the one and six positions, respectively.
- Mordegan and Kalmunzerova notched identical 6-0, 6-3 triumphs at the second and fifth flights, respectively.
- Tampa scored both of its points with three-set superbreaker wins at No. 3 and No. 4 singles.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Boczova won 6-0, 6-0 at the top singles flight for the fourth time this season.
- Lynn now has seven wins on the year vs. opponents ranked inside the top 25 nationally.
- Petrackova and Boczova have won 11 straight matches at No. 1 doubles since teaming up on March 10.
The Fighting Knights will have nearly a week off before heading to Rollins College on Saturday, April 14, for the final match of the regular season.