Miami Gardens, Fla. – The fifth-ranked Lynn University women's tennis team opened up its 2019 campaign on Tuesday night, dominating the St. Thomas (Fla.) Bobcats in nonconference action, 7-0. The Fighting Knights surrendered just two total games over eight matches.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, STU 0
Records: #5 Lynn (1-0), STU (0-2)
Location: Miami Gardens, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 22-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Newcomers Leolia Jeanjean and Natalia Siedliska made a statement in their Lynn debuts, winning at the top doubles flight, 6-0.
- Federica Mordegan and Eliska Petrackova posted an identical score in their win at No. 2 doubles.
- The Blue and White players lost just two games as the squad swept all six singles matches.
- Playing at the top singles flight, Jeanjean logged a 6-1, 6-0 victory.
- Siedliska, Mordegan, Petrackova and Eleonora Liga all posted 6-0, 6-0 wins at the middle flights, respectively.
- Freshman Giorgia Pigato earned a 6-1, 6-0 triumph at No. 6 singles in her collegiate debut.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn opens its season with a win over St. Thomas for the eighth year in a row.
- The Blue and White were ranked No. 5 in the ITA Preseason National Rankings.
- The Bobcats are receiving votes in the NAIA National Coaches Poll.
- Lynn's 2019 roster features six newcomers, with three making their Blue and White debut tonight.
- Lynn and St. Thomas were supposed to play in Boca Raton on Friday, Feb. 1, but the match was postponed due to rain and moved to Miami Gardens.
The Fighting Knights will host their home opener this Thursday, Feb. 7, vs. Keiser at 3 p.m.