Saint Leo, Fla. – The fifth-ranked Lynn University women's tennis team flexed its muscles on the road Saturday afternoon in a convincing 6-1 win over seventh-ranked Saint Leo University in both team's Sunshine State Conference opener.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 6, SLU 1
Records: #5 Lynn (3-0, 1-0 SSC), SLU (3-1, 0-1 SSC)
Location: Saint Leo Tennis Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 25-6
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights looked strong in doubles play, taking all three matches to earn the one doubles point.
- Leolia Jeanjean and Natalia Siedliska blanked a veteran SLU doubles squad at the top flight, 6-0.
- With Ulyana Grib and Eliska Petrackova at No. 2 doubles, and Eleonora Liga and Federica Mordegan at No. 3, Lynn logged two 6-2 victories.
- The Blue and White took five of the six singles bouts in straight sets to close out the match.
- Jeanjean was dominant in her win over Marta Vicens Miquel at the top flight, 6-1, 6-0.
- Siedliska (6-4, 7-6), Mordegan (7-5, 6-4), Petrackova (7-5, 6-2) and Liga (6-4, 6-1) all had tough battles in their singles triumphs at the two, four, five and six positions, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Grib made her Blue and White debut.
- Last week, No. 7 Saint Leo upset No. 3 Columbus State on the road, 4-3. The Lions also took down No. 12 North Georgia the next day (6-1).
- Lynn hands Saint Leo its first loss of the young season.
The Fighting Knights are right back at it tomorrow morning, Sunday, Feb. 17, hosting Webber International at 11 a.m.