BOCA RATON, Fla. – The fifth-ranked Lynn University women's tennis team was nearly flawless on Sunday afternoon as the Fighting Knights recorded a dominant 7-0 victory over Webber International in nonconference action.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Webber International 0
Records: #5 Lynn (4-0), Webber International (2-3)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 8-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights flew through doubles action, winning all three matches by a 6-0 tally.
- Leolia Jeanjean and Natalia Siedliska played at the top spot, Eliska Petrackova and Ulyana Grib won at No. 2 while Eleonora Liga and Federica Mordegan played at the third flight.
- Grib (6-1, 6-0) and Mordegan (6-0, 6-1) won at the top two singles flights, respectively.
- Petrackova and Liga earned their second wins of the day with 6-0, 6-0 victories and the third and fourth flights.
- Giorgia Pigato and Anastacia Parkin were inserted into the lineup at No. 5 and No. 6 with each Fighting Knight winning 6-0, 6-0.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Over nine total matches, Lynn surrendered just two games to the Warriors. Lynn accomplished an identical feat in the season-opening win vs. St. Thomas.
- The Warriors are receiving votes in the NAIA National Coaches Poll.
- Jeanjean and Siedliska were both pulled from the singles lineup.
- Parkin made her season debut.
The Fighting Knights next return to league action with a 10 a.m. contest vs. Rollins on Saturday, Feb. 23.