St. Augustine, Fla. – After a short turnaround from yesterday's home league match, Lynn University's second-ranked women's tennis team traveled to Flagler College on Sunday, quickly dispatching the Saints 4-0 in nonconference play.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 4, Flagler 0
Records: #5 Lynn (6-0), Flagler (2-4)
Location: Flagler Tennis Center | St. Augustine, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 12-9
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn quickly won the first two doubles flights to secure the point.
- Natalia Siedliska and Leolia Jeanjean took the top match, 6-1, with Ulyana Grib and Eliska Petrackova win at No. 2 doubles, 6-2.
- Eleonora Liga and Federica Mordegan were ahead 5-3 at No. 3 doubles, but the match went unfinished.
- Only the top three flights of singles were played, with the Blue and White winning all three in straight sets.
- Jeanjean blanked her opponent at the top spot, 6-0, 6-0.
- At No. 2 singles, Siedliska picked up a 6-1, 6-0 triumph.
- Grib closed out the day at the third flight, winning 6-3, 6-1.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Saints were shut out by two Sunshine State Conference teams this weekend (Saint Leo, 7-0).
- The match was halted at the deciding fourth point for the first time this season.
- Mordegan, Liga and Petrackova were all slated to play in the final three singles bouts.
The Fighting Knights return to league action on Wednesday, Feb. 27, with a trip to Eckerd College.