St. Petersburg, Fla. – Lynn University's second-ranked women's tennis team traveled to Eckerd College on Wednesday afternoon, securing a 4-0 Sunshine State Conference victory before rain entered the area.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 4, Eckerd 0
Records: #2 Lynn (7-0, 3-0 SSC), Eckerd (0-3, 0-2 SSC)
Location: Fred Bullard Courts | St. Petersburg, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 27-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights won all three doubles matches by a 6-0 tally.
- Ulyana Grib and Eliska Petrackova were victorious at the top flight, Leolia Jeanjean and Anastacia Parkin claimed the No. 2 doubles bout with Federica Mordegan and Eleonora Liga bringing home the sweep at No. 3.
- The teams only played the top three singles flights. None of the Lynn players surrendered a game to their Triton opponent.
- Jeanjean grabbed the win at the top position, Grib triumphed at No. 2 and Mordegan picked up the win at No. 3 singles.
- Liga, Petrackova and Georgia Pigato were slated to represent the Blue and White in the remaining three matches.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has won all 27 matchups between these two programs in the series history.
- The Fighting Knights featured some new doubles combinations in today's match.
- It is the second consecutive Lynn match where the contest was stopped at the deciding fourth point.
The Fighting Knights will next host NCAA Division I Georgetown on Monday, March 4, at 2 p.m.