BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's second-ranked women's tennis team battled its first NCAA Division I opponent of the season on Monday afternoon, shutting out Georgetown University in nonconference action, 7-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Georgetown 0
Records: #2 Lynn (8-0), GU (2-9)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 4-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White took all three doubles bouts for an early lead.
- Ulyana Grib and Anastacia Parkin got the ball rolling with a 6-0 victory at No. 3 doubles.
- Leolia Jeanjean and Natalia Siedliska logged a 6-2 win at the top flight with Eliska Petrackova and Federica Mordegan rounding out the sweep at the second spot, 6-3.
- The Fighting Knights secured all six singles matches without giving up a set.
- Jeanjean, Siedliska and Grib logged dominant wins at the top three positions to clinch the match, highlighted by a 6-0, 6-3 triumph at the No. 1 flight from Jeanjean.
- Mordegan (6-1, 6-1) and Eleonora Liga (6-1, 6-2) followed up with wins at the fourth and fifth flights.
- With the match already decided, Petrackova posted an 8-1 pro-set victory at No. 6.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- These two programs last met in 2012 with the Hoyas winning 5-3. Lynn last defeated GU in 2010 (7-2).
- Georgetown suffered back-to-back losses to Sunshine State Conference teams this week, falling to Barry yesterday (6-1). The Hoyas are on a five-match losing streak.
- Lynn has shut out its opponent in six of eight matches so far this season.
The Fighting Knights continue a stretch of home matches, hosting Toledo on Thursday, March 7 at 2 p.m.