BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's second-ranked women's tennis team won its 10th straight match to open up the 2019 season, posting a 4-0 nonconference victory over Hillsdale College on Monday evening.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 4, Hillsdale 0
Records: #2 Lynn (10-0), Hillsdale (5-1)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 2-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn won two doubles flights and was nearing in on a third victory before it was halted.
- Natalia Siedliska and Leolia Jeanjean logged a 6-1 triumph at the top flight while Eleonora Liga and Anastacia Parkin won at No. 3 doubles, 6-0.
- Lynn had already secured the doubles point, but Federica Mordegan and Eliska Petrackova were leading in the No. 2 bout, 5-1.
- At the top two singles flights, Jeanjean (6-1, 6-0) and Siedliska (6-0, 6-0) breezed past their opponents.
- Liga clinched the fourth and final point for Lynn at No. 4 singles, winning 6-0, 6-3.
- Mordegan, Petrackova and Giorgia Pigato all won their respective first sets and were nearing in on a second at the third, fifth and sixth flights, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Fighting Knights are off to their best start to a season since they went 17-0 in 2016. It is the program's third 10-0 start since 2014.
- The Chargers suffered their first loss of the season. Three of HC's five wins this year came as 7-0 decisions.
- Lynn defeated Hillsdale last season, 9-0. It was the first time these two programs met.
The Fighting Knights continue a stretch of home matches, hosting LIU Brooklyn on Wednesday, March 13 at 3 p.m.