BOCA RATON, Fla. – It was another day at the office for the seventh-ranked Lynn University women's tennis squad as they took down No. 11 Academy of Art University, 6-1. Natalia Siedliska and Leolia Jeanjean took down the Urban Knights' top-doubles team and the top-ranked duo in the country, 6-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 6, Academy of Art 1
Records: #7 Lynn (13-0), #11 Academy of Art (7-3)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 2-0 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn took the doubles point for the 13th consecutive time, winning two out of the three matches.
- Siedliska and Jeanjean took down Alma and Klara Thell-Lenntorp, 6-0 at the No. 1 spot to improve to 11-0.
- At No. 3 doubles, Ulyana Grib and Anastacia Parkin faced a 6-1 setback before it came down to No. 2 doubles. Eliska Petrackova and Federica Mordegan got the victory 6-3 to clinch the point for the Blue and White.
- At No. 6 singles, Giorgia Pigato was up 3-0 in the first set when her opponent forfeited the match.
- 60th-ranked Jeanjean continued her success at the top flight defeating the Urban Knights' only nationally ranked singles player, 46th-ranked Klara Thell-Lenntorp, 6-0, 6-2.
- At No. 2 and 3 singles, Grib and 51st-ranked Mordegan both won 6-3, 6-0 to secure the victory for Lynn.
- Eleonora Liga and Petrackova rounded out the day for the Fighting Knights. At the No. 5 spot, Liga won 6-1, 6-3, while Petrackova took the lone single's loss for Lynn at No. 4, 7-6 (7-2), 6-3.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Fighting Knights are 13-0 to start the season for the eighth time since joining the NCAA in 1997.
- This was the sixth 6-0 victory at No. 1 doubles for Siedliska and Jeanjean this season. They became the first duo to blank the top-ranked Thell-Lenntorp sisters this season.
- Jeanjean has won at least one set 6-0 in nine out of her 11 matches this season. She has yet to lose more than three total games in a singles match.
- Art U falls to 0-3 against top-10 teams this season. They previously lost to Barry and Hawaii Pacific.
- The Fighting Knights gave the Urban Knights their first road loss of the season.
- Grib and Parkin suffered their first loss of the season as a doubles pair. They were previously 4-0.
- This was the second meeting between the two teams. Lynn won 6-1 on March 17, 2016.
- Mordegan and Liga both remain undefeated in singles play this season, while Grib has yet to lose a single's match at home.
- This was the fourth top-20 match up the Blue and White have had this season.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Tuesday, March 26, at 3 p.m. when they travel to Miami Shores, Fla. to take on top-ranked Barry. Fans can keep up with the action at LynnFightingKnights.com.