BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's fourth-ranked women's tennis team continued its hot stretch this week, picking up another Sunshine State Conference win on Saturday with a 7-0 victory over No. 12 Florida Southern College.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, FSC 0
Records: #4 Lynn (15-0, 6-0 SSC), #12 FSC (12-4, 3-2 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 35-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights took two of the three doubles bouts to secure the lone point.
- Leolia Jeanjean and Ulyana Grib secured the first win of the day, winning the top flight, 6-0. Eleonora Liga and Giorgia Pigato followed up with a 6-1 triumph at No. 3 doubles.
- The Mocs won at the second flight in a close tiebreaker.
- Singles action was all Lynn as the Blue and White swept solo play, including five straight-set wins.
- Jeanjean, Grib and Federica Mordegan all dominated in their respective matches at the top half of the lineup, with no player losing more than one game over both sets.
- Liga (6-3, 6-2) and Pigato (7-5, 6-3) tacked on victories at the fifth and sixth flights, respectively.
- At No. 4 singles, Eliska Petrackova prevailed in a third-set super breaker (6-0, 3-6, 10-7).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has won all 35 matchups between these two programs dating back to 1989.
- The Fighting Knights picked up four wins over nationally-ranked opponents in the last seven days, including three victories over teams ranked inside the top 12.
- Lynn is the last remaining team undefeated in league play.
Lynn caps off a busy week with another home match tomorrow, Sunday, March 31, as Tampa visits at 10 a.m.