BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's fourth-ranked women's tennis team won its fifth match in the past nine days, blanking the Tampa Spartans in Sunshine State Conference on Sunday morning, 7-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Tampa 0
Records: #4 Lynn (16-0, 7-0 SSC), Tampa (9-5, 1-4 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 31-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights commanded doubles action, winning all three bouts by a score of 6-2 or better.
- Lynn went on to sweep the singles matches, including five straight-set wins.
- At the top-two singles spots, Leolia Jeanjean (6-1, 6-0) and Ulyana Grib (6-0, 6-0) logged dominant victories.
- Giorgia Pigato shut out her opponent at the No. 6 flight, 6-0, 6-0, while Federica Mordegan picked up a 6-1, 6-2 triumph at No. 4 singles.
- At No. 5 singles, Eliska Petrackova won her first set, 6-1, before battling out a 7-5 win in the second frame.
- Eleonora Liga closed out the action at the No. 5 position, winning her match in a third-set super breaker (6-3, 4-6, 10-5).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has won all 31 matchups between these two programs, dating back to 1991.
- Grib defeated 47th-ranked Corbin Dorsey in singles play. It is Grib's second consecutive win over a ranked opponent.
Lynn hits the road at the beginning of next week, but does not have to travel far as the Fighting Knights head to Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday, April 3, for a 3 p.m. matchup against No. 8 Nova Southeastern.