BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's top-ranked women's tennis team hosted its last regular-season contest of the 2019 campaign on Monday afternoon, sweeping the Florid Tech Panthers in Sunshine State Conference competition, 7-0. Lynn improves to 18-0 for the first time since 2009.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 7, Florida Tech 0
Records: #1 Lynn (18-0, 9-0 SSC), Florida Tech (9-7, 1-7 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 20-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights swept doubles play, highlighted by 6-1 victories at the first (Leolia Jeanjean/Ulyana Grib) and third (Giorgia Pigato/Eleonora Liga) flights.
- Lynn closed out the match with straight-set wins in all six singles bouts.
- No. 25 Jeanjean (6-1, 6-1) and No. 35 Grib (6-1, 6-0) logged dominant wins at the top two spots, respectively.
- Pigato followed up with a 6-1, 6-0 triumph at No. 6 singles, with Liga taking the fourth flight, 6-2, 6-1.
- Federica Mordegan turned it up in the second frame, winning the No. 3 contest, 6-3, 6-1.
- At No. 5 singles, Eliska Petrackova faced a 3-0 deficit in the second set before rallying for a 6-1, 7-5 win.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has now won its first 18 matches of the season, marking the program's best record since the 2009 campaign.
- Florida Tech's women's tennis program is in its last season of competition.
- The Blue and White have swept four straight opponents and have 14 shutouts on the year.
Lynn closes out the regular season on the road tomorrow, Tuesday, April 9, with a 3:30 p.m. league tilt at Embry-Riddle.