Tampa, Fla. – The Lynn University track team kicked off its inaugural season on Friday night, competing in the University of Tampa Track Invitational. The team had a total of five individuals finish in the top 10 of an event.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights placed both second and third in the 4000-meter distance medley relay, narrowly missing out on the top spot to Saint Leo. The Lions topped the charts with a time of 12:37.34, while Lynn crossed in 12:39.38 and 14:03.17.
- Kate Fisher finished second in the 1500-meter run, clocking in just more than one second off the leader at 4:48.81. Mandi Cohen also competed in the event, finishing in 6:33.06.
- The Fighting Knights had six participants in the 400-meter run, with Chase Yoder topping the team with a fourth-place finish. She checked in with a time of 1:03.78, while Lauren Leckenby was on her heels at 1:04.79.
- Emily Glass registered a top-10 finish in the 400, finishing at 1:06.42, while Arianna Spencer narrowly missed the top 10 with an 11th-place finish in 1:08.24.
- Emily Christensen finished sixth overall in the 800-meter run, finishing in 2:26.59. Darby Watts was second on the team and 15th overall, clocking in at 2:33.27. Natalie Beck checked in with a 2:41.80, while Amanda Hennessey rounded out the event with a time of 2:49.93.
- Alexandra Jones was the team's lone participant in the 5000-meter run, finishing 18th with a time of 18:57.75.
- Spencer also competed in the 200-meter dash, posting a time of 29.96.
Lynn is off until March 14 when they take on the Shark Invite hosted by Nova Southeastern in Miramar, Fla.