Coral Gables, Fla. – The Lynn University track team hit the road for the second time this week as the Fighting Knights competed at the Hurricane Invitational hosted by the University of Miami at Cobb Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Kate Fisher cruised her way to a sixth-place finish in the 5,000-meter run, finishing in 18:17.32 and less than one second from a fifth-place finish. Alexandra Jones finished 10th overall with a time of 19:04.71. The freshmen were the top runners from the Sunshine State Conference in the event, beating out five combined runners from Nova Southeastern and Palm Beach Atlantic.
- Chase Yoder finished sixth overall in the 800-meter run, clocking in at 2:23.49 in her first collegiate race at the 800-meter distance. Emily Christensen finished in 10th place in the event (2:28.35), while Lauren Leckenby, Natalie Beck and Sydney Parks finished consecutively for the Fighting Knights.
- Arianna Spencer posted a time of 29.58 in the 200-meter dash, while Lynn Whalen finished at 33.74 in the event.
- Gaylen Martin ran a time of 1:04.28 in the 400-meter dash, while Spencer (1:08.50), Courtney Morin (1:10.43) and Aubrie Parker (1:18.46) finished the event behind her.
- Christensen also competed in the 1,500-meter run, finishing in 5:18.38, while Darby Watts completed the event just behind her at 5:23.62 and Beck at 5:33.74. Amanda Hennessey and Mandi Cohen rounded out the Fighting Knights' competitors in the event with times of 6:15.39 and 6:31.69, respectively.
- Emily Glass ran the 400-meter hurdles for the second meet in a row, posting a time of 1:17.29.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Leckenby, Glass, Martin and Yoder posted a time of 4:30.79, shaving off nearly one full second from Wednesday's time in the same event.
The Fighting Knights are back on the track for the Pepsi Florida Relays on March 29, 30 and 31 at the University of Florida in Gainesville.