Atlanta, Ga. – The Lynn University track team returned to action on Saturday afternoon at the Emory Classic is Atlanta, finishing tied for 17th as a team.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Kate Fisher finished third overall in the 5,000-meter run, posting a time of 18:20.69, while Alexandra Jones finished in eighth place at 19:02.95.
- Chase Yoder set a personal record in the 800-meter run, shaving 0.5 seconds off of her previous PR with a time of 2:22.94. Emily Christensen finished the event in 2:31.11, while Lauren Leckenby checked in at 2:41.26.
- Darby Watts and Natalie Beck ran in the 1,500-meter run, Watts checking in at 5:25.25 and Beck crossing the line in 5:29.00.
- Beck clocked in with a time of 1:09.82 in the 400-meter dash in her first time running the event.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Leckenby, Christensen, Watts and Yoder finished in a time of 4:29.43, the fastest relay of the year for the Blue and White.
Lynn returns to the track on Friday at the Spikes Classic hosted by Embry-Riddle.