Daytona Beach, Fla. – Despite less-than-perfect weather conditions at the meet, the Lynn University track team picked up a pair of top-10 finishers in the 800-meter run and saw four personal records fall on the final day of competition at the Spikes Classic hosted by Embry-Riddle.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Kate Fisher claimed a second-place finish overall in the 800-meter run, clocking in with a personal-record 2:16.70 in the top heat. Chase Yoder set a personal record of her own in the same heat, finishing seventh overall with a time of 2:22.51.
- Emily Christensen posted a time of 2:32.90 in the 800 to finish 22nd, while Darby Watts finished on her heels at 2:33.51 in 24th place.
- Lauren Leckenby (34th/2:40.72), Sydney Parks (36th/2:41.99) and Arianna Spencer (41st/2:53.13) rounded out the Fighting Knights' competitors in the 800, while Spencer posted a new personal record in the event.
- Emily Glass set a new personal-best time in the 400-meter hurdles, posting a time of 1:14.95 in the event to finish 12th.
- Gaylen Martin ran a time of 1:04.34 in the 400-meter dash to place 13th overall.
Lynn is back in action on April 27 when it competes at the North Florida Invite in Jacksonville.