Miramar, Fla. – Head coach Chris Wood's preseason prediction came to fruition in the Lynn University's women's track program's first meet of the season as the Blue and White took down the previous school-record in the 4 x 400 meter-race to highlight a banner opening day of competition. Chase Yoder, Emannuelle Le Tertre, Madison Wells and Rachel Ramirez made up the quartet of Lynn's record-breaking team.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: Ansin Sports Complex | Miramar, Fla.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn saved its best for last, securing the school-record in the 4 x 400 meters, the last event of the day, with a time of 4:18.57, besting the previous record by a full six seconds.
- Le Tertre continues to impress for the Fighting Knights as she claimed first in the 1500-meter run (4:53.95) and second in the 800 (2:29.50) in her first meet of the season.
- The 800 featured four Blue and White members in the top-10 as Darby Watts, Natalie Beck and Alexandra Jones finished in seventh, eighth and ninth, respectively, behind Le Tertre.
- Jones and Beck also secured top-10 finishes in the 1500-meter run, posting times of 5:13.56 and 5:17.49, which were good for seventh and eighth place.
- Wells, Ramirez and Yoder top the top-three spots, respectively, in the 400, displaying the squad's emerging strength in the mid-distance events.
Lynn will compete in Tampa on March 1 at the Tampa Twilight Invite, beginning at 4 p.m., for its second meet of the 2019 season.