Tampa, Fla. – Lynn University's women's track program continues to show improvement in its second year of official competition, breaking a program record for the second consecutive meet on Friday evening at the Tampa Twilight Invite. The distance medley relay team of Natalie Beck, Madison Wells, Chase Yoder and Emannuelle Le Tertre set a new program-best with a time of 12:38.6, one second better than the previous mark.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: Pepin Stadium | Tampa, Fla.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In addition to the DMR team's new program-best, Beck, Le Tertre and Lauren Leckenby all posted personal bests in their respective events.
- LeTertre finished third overall in the 5,000m, notching a personal-best and program-record mark of 17:56.2. This time smashes the previous top time for both LeTertre and the program by 21 seconds.
- Beck also delivered a solid performance in the 5,000m, finishing in 19:39.61, a personal record for the veteran Fighting Knight.
- Leckenby crossed the line at 5:19.77 in the 1500m, a personal record by over ten seconds (5:31.47) for the sophomore from Pittsburgh, Pa.
- The men's track program, which will have official status in 2020, also took part in the meet at Tampa, the first time in school history that Lynn has had entrants on the men's side.
Lynn continues a grueling stretch of six straight weeks of competition next weekend, traveling to Myrtle Beach, S.C. to race in the CCU Invitational, hosted by Coastal Carolina.