MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – Lynn University's women's track program wrapped up its competition at the Coastal Carolina University Invitational on Saturday, participating in a field with several Division-I competitors. The Blue and White had several solid performances highlighted by personal bests for both Madison Wells and Lauren Leckenby and a new program record for Wells in the 200m.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium | Myrtle Beach, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Leckenby ran two excellent races, coming just 1.5 seconds shy of her best time in the 1500m before recording a four-second personal best in the 800m.
- Wells time of 25.90 in the 200m is a new top-mark for the Fighting Knight track program.
- Natalie Beck finished second in her heat and eighth overall in the 3,000m with a time of 11:37.66
- Emmanuelle Le Tertre continues to show her ability to place high in the distance events, notching a fourth-place finish in 4:53.76 in the 1,500m.
- Rachel Ramirezwithin two seconds of Leckenby in the 800m, crossing the line with a time of 2:30.02.
- Emily Glass rebounded from a fall early in the steeplechase to complete the race in 14:25:55.
Lynn continues a grueling stretch of competition, its fourth straight week with a meet, at the University of Miami for the Hurricane Invitational March 15-16.