Coral Gables, Fla. – Lynn University's women's track team wrapped up its competition on Saturday at the Hurricane Invitational, hosted by the University of Miami, with several outstanding performances. As a group, the Blue and White continue to improve on their personal-bests and prove themselves as an up-and-coming program among top-level participants.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Location: Cobb Stadium | Coral Gables, Fla.
- Emmanuelle Le Tertre took second in the 5,000m to begin the meet for Lynn on Friday evening, finishing with a time of 17:54.91, ahead of several Division-I competitors.
- Alexandra Jones also found her way into the top-10 in the 5k, crossing the line in 19:15.
- Emily Glass recorded a personal-best in the 400m hurdles, completing the race in 1:12.4.
- Rachel Ramirez notched personal-bests in both the 200m and 800m with times of 26.92 and 2:25.85, respectively.
- Chase Yoder finished six spots ahead of Ramirez in the 800m, posting a time of 2:20.32.
- Lynn found much success in the 1,500m with Natalie Beck, Darby Watts, Elizabeth Erbe and Le Tertre all posting solid marks in the event.
- All four bettered their previous-best times and 3-of-4 (Le Tertre, Beck, Watts) finished inside the top-17, finishing 5th, 16th and 17th, respectively.
- The Fighting Knights had a total of 10 entrants in the 1,500 as the above quartet was joined by Jones, Lauren Leckenby, Emily Christensen, Jayden Reece, Taryn Super and Mandi Cohen.
- Leckenby and Watts joined Ramirez and Yoder with strong 800m races, finishing within two seconds of each other with times of 2:25.88 and 2:27.62, respectively.
Lynn will rev itself back up for competition again next weekend, traveling to Tampa, Fla. for the Bulls Invitational, hosted by South Florida on March 22-23. This will now be the third consecutive meet with a Division-I host for the Blue and White and their fifth-straight week of competitive action.