Tampa, Fla. – Lynn University's women's track team wrapped up its two-day competition at the University of South Florida on Saturday, participating in the Bulls Invitational, which featured some of the region's top competitors on the Division-I and II levels. Alexandra Jones and Emmanuelle Le Tertre placed third in the 10,000m and 1,500m, respectively.
INSIDE THE RACE:
Location: USF Track & Field Stadium | Tampa, Fla.
- Jones and Natalie Beck started the meet off strong for Lynn with third (39:53.79) and eighth place (40:44.72) finishes. Taryn Super (42:24.91) joined this duo as the third top-10 finisher for the Fighting Knights in the 10k.
- Le Tertre continues to shine in both the long and mid-distance races, taking the bronze in the 1,500m with a time of 4:44.24, 10 second better than her finish at Coastal Carolina.
- Madison Wells competed in the grueling heptathlon and took second of four competitors, placing first in the 200m, 800m and long jump.
- The 1500 featured a large contingent of the Blue and White as Emily Christensen (5:16.65), Darby Watts (5:17.71), Beck (5:20.58), Lauren Leckenby (5:23.98), Elizabeth Erbe (5:25.08) and Mandi Cohen (6:07.17) joined Le Tertre in the race.
- 11 Fighting Knights ran the 800 with Chase Yoder (2:23.43), Rachel Ramirez (2:29.10) and Leckenby (2:35.86) crossing the line within the top-25.
- Jones, Beck, Super – 10k
- Jayden Reece – 5000m – 21:13.43
- Ramirez – 800m
- Beck – 1500m
Lynn will take on its sixth consecutive weekend meet at Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach, Fla. on March 29-30 before enjoying three weeks off from competition. The Fighting Knights will then have their season-culminating meet back at USF April 19-20.