BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team captured the momentum from Friday night's victory and utilized it on Saturday afternoon in a convincing 3-0 sweep over Rollins College for the Fighting Knights first Sunshine State Conference win of the season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Rollins 0 (25-12, 25-16, 25-23)
Records: Lynn (7-6, 1-4 SSC), Rollins (1-12, 0-5 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Rollins leads 22-15 (Last meeting 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The teams remained even early on in the first set until Katie Knight showcased why she is one of the top servers in the conference, leading Lynn on a 7-0 run.
- Lynn hit .367 as a team and Cleuza Porto fired off six kills in the second set to lead the Fighting Knights to another large triumph.
- The Tars were up 19-17 late in the third set but Lynn quickly rebounded to close out the match in straight sets.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- Porto led the offense for the second consecutive match, throwing down a match-high 14 kills.
- Lydia West followed up with 10 kills on an astounding .615 hitting percentage.
- Setter Marissa Tandron not only recorded 31 assists, but led the team with 12 digs and had a season-high five kills for the second time this weekend.
- Claire Angelich followed up her school-record-tying performance to lead the Blue & White with four blocks (two solo).
- Knight registered 11 digs and four aces.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn recorded its most kills (42) in a three-set match this season.
- The Fighting Knights finished with an identical .277 hitting percentage two matches in a row.
The Fighting Knights hit the road next weekend for two conference matches, starting with a 7 p.m. contest at Eckerd on Friday, Oct. 9.