Daytona Beach, Fla. – Following a tough five-set loss on Friday night, Lynn University's volleyball team quickly regrouped and had its offense rolling on all cylinders Saturday evening in a 3-1 non-conference victory over the Embry-Riddle Eagles.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Embry-Riddle 1 (25-16, 25-27, 25-14, 25-18)
Records: Lynn (14-12), Embry-Riddle (12-14)
Location: ICI Center | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Series: ERAU leads 10-8 (last meeting Oct. 2, 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Set 1 | Lynn jumped out to a 7-2 start, forcing the Eagles to take their first timeout. Jayden Davila-McClary put the Fighting Knights further ahead with a sharp service run, featuring three aces. Nicol Colonna tallied four kills on five attacks to secure the 25-16 win.
- Set 2 | Neither side was able to break away at the onset of the second frame until the Blue & White opened up a 16-11 lead off a 7-2 run fueled by three Claire Angelich kills. The Eagles fought back to retake the lead at 21-20 and held off Lynn to tie the match at 1-1. Colonna, Angelich and Morgan Dulaney all put away four kills apiece.
- Set 3 | Lynn took control in the third set, leading the entire frame and outhitting Embry-Riddle .412 to .111 en route to a 25-14 triumph. Colonna remained heavily involved in the offense as her and Lydia West notched six kills each.
- Set 4 | West kept up the efficient pressure with six more kills as Lynn rushed out to a 9-2 advantage. The Eagles had one final push with a 6-0 run to cut the deficit to 23-18, but the Fighting Knights held on for the final two points of the match.
- Lynn had one of its best hitting performances this season, finishing at a .373 clip.
- Colonna put down a match-high 16 kills, tying her career-high set earlier this season, while hitting .458.
- West was right behind with 15 kills and recorded a team-high .522 hitting percentage.
- Dulaney rounded out the Lynn attackers in double figures with 12 kills (.385).
- Along with Tandron's 53 assists, the setter added four kills, six digs and two blocks.
- Cristina Llorens and Shanotta Bawek led the defense with 13 digs apiece. It was a season-high for Bawek while Llorens also notched a match-high four service aces. Davila-McClary reached double-digit digs for the second straight match.
- Claire Angelich finished with eight kills (.316) and a team-high three blocks.
- Lynn's .373 hitting percentage for the match is the team's second highest of the season, trailing only the .387 hit against Columbus St. in the fourth match of the year.
- West totaled 31 kills over two matches this weekend, the best two-game stretch of her career.
- Tandron recorded 50+ assists in back-to-back matches for the first time in her career.
- In this season's earlier matchup against the Eagles in Boca Raton, Angelich tied the single-match school record with 11 blocks.
Lynn returns home for a two-match stretch this weekend, starting with a matchup against Saint Leo on Friday, Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. Fans can watch the match live at LynnFightingKnights.com and receive in-game updates by following @Lynn_Knights on Twitter and Instagram.