BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team played its third and final home match of the week on Friday night, ending the stretch on a high note by taking down Embry-Riddle, 3-1. The sides traded blows in the opening two sets before the Fighting Knights closed out the win with a pair of 25-20 victories.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Embry-Riddle 1 (25-23, 19-25, 25-20, 25-20)
Records: Lynn (4-4, 2-3 SSC), Embry-Riddle (4-5, 2-4 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 14-4
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Outsides Sonja Udovcic and Rafaela Fonseca recorded double-doubles for the second straight night. Fonseca logged a team-high 19 kills with 16 digs on defense while Udovcic posted 17 kills at a .257 hitting clip and added 16 digs and three blocks on the other side of the ball.
- Marcella De Vuono hit an efficient .300 with eight kills and three blocks. Fellow middle blocker Elna Argen led the squad with six blocks and put away two of her three attack attempts.
- Andrea McDonald notched a team-high 19 digs while picking up three assists and a service ace.
- Nicol Colonna returned to the starting lineup, tallying eight kills, 11 digs and three blocks.
- Angala Jensen set up her hitters 46 times from the setter position while adding nine digs and two blocks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- It was Lynn's first four-set match of the season.
- The Fighting Knights served up a season-high six aces. Jensen and Fonseca each sniped in a pair.
- Lynn doesn't play at home again until Oct. 24.
- Last year, Embry-Riddle defeated Lynn twice in the same season for the first time since 2000.
- After a loss at Rollins earlier this week, the Eagles have lost two straight for the first time this season.
Lynn hits the road next week for a pair of conference tilts, first heading to Eckerd on Thursday, Oct. 5 for a 7 p.m. matchup against the Tritons.