Hoover, Ala. – Despite close scores in the second and third sets, Lynn University's volleyball team suffered a 3-0 loss to the University of Alabama in Huntsville on Saturday afternoon to close out the 2017 South Region Crossover.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: UAH 3, Lynn 0 (25-16, 25-23, 25-23)
Records: UAH (16-9), Lynn (4-10)
Location: Finley Center | Hoover, Ala.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 6-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Rafaela Fonseca was active on both sides of the ball from start to finish, logging a match-high 13 kills at a .194 attack clip with 16 digs and three blocks on defense.
- Jaja Perkins and Sonja Udovcic recorded six kills apiece and both hit double figures in the digs column.
- Marcella De Vuono led the front line with five block assists and added six kills.
- Libero Andrea McDonald held the match-high in digs with 19. Setter Alessia Di Rosa logged 31 assists, five digs and two blocks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn had to play a higher or equal seed in all three matches this weekend.
- The win marks UAH's first-ever over Lynn in seven matchups. Lynn swept the Chargers at last year's Crossover.
- The Fighting Knights were without two of their regular starters this weekend.
- No players on UAH reached double-digit kills.
- Lynn was held without a service ace in a match for the first time since Sept. 25, 2015.
The Fighting Knights return to conference play and are back on the road this week with a 7 p.m. match at Rollins on Thursday, Oct. 19.