BOCA RATON, Fla. – Palm Beach Atlantic rode a red-hot offensive performance in the opening frame the rest of the way Thursday night as Lynn University's volleyball team dropped a 3-0 Sunshine State Conference tilt to the 10th-ranked Sailfish.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Palm Beach Atlantic 3, Lynn 0 (25-12, 25-16, 25-18)
Records: #10 PBA (25-3, 17-3 SSC), Lynn (8-17, 6-13 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: PBA leads 24-10
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- PBA's .478 attack percentage in the first period set the tone for the match as the Sailfish finished the night with a .260 hitting clip overall.
- Lynn was never able to get its offense going against a stout PBA defense. Rafaela Fonseca boasted the team-high with seven kills, followed by Sonja Udovcic (6) and Nicol Colonna (4).
- Libero Ariana Rodriguez led the back row with 13 digs while Fonseca picked up 11.
- Lauren Odom contributed on four blocks, including Lynn's only solo.
- Meghan Ulmer hit a team-high .250 with two kills.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's 24 kills and 40 digs are the squad's lowest outputs in the past 20 matches.
- The Sailfish started off the 2017 season with 20 straight victories, finally suffering their first loss on Oct. 27.
- PBA's Ally Rohn leads the country in triple-doubles.
Lynn wraps up the 2017 campaign at home tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 17, with Senior Night against Rollins College at 7 p.m.