St. Petersburg, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team traveled west for a solo Sunshine State Conference battle this weekend, falling to the Eckerd Tritons Friday night in four sets, 3-1.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 3, Lynn 1 (25-20, 25-23, 16-25, 25-20)
Records: Eckerd (7-5, 2-3 SSC), Lynn (8-5, 2-4 SSC)
Location: McArthur Center | St. Petersburg, Fla.
All-time Series: Eckerd leads 25-18
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Outside hitters Sonja Udovcic and Rafaela Fonseca combined for the lion's share of the team's kills with 11 apiece. Fonseca tallied a .212 attack percentage while Udovcic rounded out a double-double with 14 digs.
- Libero Olivia La Plume boasted a team-best 17 digs, marking a new season-high.
- Marine Kinna posted eight kills at a .533 attack clip, committing no errors on 15 swings. She tacked on 12 digs and a team-high three service aces.
- Isadora Nicolai (19) and Biatriz Souza Berti (16) combined for 35 of the squad's 37 assists.
- Bridgette O'Connor saw her second career start, putting down four kills.
- Lauren Odom logged four kills on seven swings with no errors (.571), adding three blocks on defense.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- La Plume has double-digit digs in three consecutive matches.
- Udovcic logged a double-double for the seventh straight outing.
- The Fighting Knights didn't start either of their usual two middle blockers, Marcella De Vuono and Odom, instead plugging in right side Paige Fullerton.
- Lynn's 39 kills tonight are a season-low in four-set matches.
Lynn returns home for a pair of matches next weekend, starting with nationally-ranked Tampa at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28.