BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team rebounded from a tough loss the previous night to easily dispatch of Rollins 3-0 on Saturday afternoon. Rafaela Fonseca and Sonja Udovcic paced the offense as each hit over .400 in the match.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Rollins 0 (25-11, 26-24, 25-13)
Records: Lynn (9-6, 3-5 SSC), Rollins (3-12, 1-7 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn trails 24-19 all-time (Split 1-1 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Fonseca was nearly unstoppable at the net, recording 18 kills at a .471 hitting clip with only two attack errors in 34 attempts. She added 12 digs and three block assists on the defensive side.
- Udovcic started off hot, converting on all five of her attempts in the first set. She would go on to add four kills in each the second and third sets for 13 total on a .407 hitting percentage. She also led all players with a game-high 17 digs.
- Isadora Nicolai quarterbacked the offense to 37 assists while also locking down 10 digs.
- Paige Fullerton chipped in six kills and Lauren Odom hit .500 over eight attempts.
- Lynn held Rollins to a 0.78 hitting percentage and even more impressive, a -0.67 clip in the third and decisive set.
- The Fighting Knights hit .375 as a team.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's .375 hitting percentage as a team is a season-high and its best total since it hit .390 at Florida Southern on Oct. 1, 2016
- Two players hit over .400 in a single match for the first time since Sept. 2, 2016
- Fonseca's .471 hitting percentage was the second-highest of the season
- Fonseca's 18 kills is the most this season in a three-set match
- Udovcic logged her team-best 11th double-double while Fonseca tallied her eighth and Nicolai her sixth.
- Nicolai's 37 assists are the most since she collected 38 against Texas A&M International on Aug. 31.
Lynn is back on the court when it travels to Miami Shores, Fla., to battle rival Barry University on Tuesday, Oct. 2. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com