Miami Shores, Fla. – A red-hot Barry University squad picked up the season sweep over Lynn University's volleyball team as the Bucs dropped the Fighting Knights in Sunshine State Conference action Tuesday night, 3-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Barry 3, Lynn 0 (25-23, 25-18, 25-20)
Records: Barry (15-2, 7-2 SSC), Lynn (9-7, 3-6 SSC)
Location: Health and Sports Center| Miami Shores, Fla.
All-time Series: Barry leads 33-12
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- No Lynn attackers were able to hit double figures in the kills column as the squad tallied a .131 hitting percentage on the night.
- Outside hitters Sonja Udovcic (eight kills, 10 digs) and Rafaela Fonseca (seven kills, 12 digs) carried most of the work on both sides of the ball.
- Lauren Odom had a strong night offensively out of the middle, logging six kills on nine swings with no errors for a .667 attack clip.
- Paige Fullerton record five kills and four blocks while Marina Kinna picked up four kills and seven digs.
- Isadora Nicolai led the team with 21 assists.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Odom's .667 hitting percentage was just shy of her career-high .750 that she already posted twice so far this season.
- With Barry's 3-2 win over Lynn in Boca Raton this season, the Bucs sweep the season series over the Fighting Knights for the first time since 2015. Lynn has not won at Barry since 2014.
- The Blue and White's 33 kills tonight are a season-low.
- Lynn did not commit a ball handling error for the second time this season.
Lynn will host a pair of league matches this weekend, starting with Florida Tech at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 5.