BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team fell to No. 18 Palm Beach Atlantic on Tuesday night, 3-0, during Sunshine State Conference action. The Fighting Knights had a lead and momentum near the end of the first set, but a Sailfish rally set the tone for the rest of the night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Palm Beach Atlantic 3, Lynn 0 (25-23, 25-13, 25-17)
Records: Lynn (11-8, 5-7 SSC), PBA (17-3, 9-3 SSC)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: PBA leads 26-10 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- The Blue and White had a 23-19 lead in the first set before the Sailfish called a timeout. PBA scored six straight points to take the first set.
- Sonja Udovcic posted a double-double with 10 kills and 10 digs while logging a .179 hitting percentage in the match.
- Paige Fullerton totaled a team-high .308 hitting percentage behind four kills on 13 attempts. She added a team-high tying three blocks.
- Rafaela Fonseca and Marine Kinna both had 15 and 12 digs, respectively, to lead the back row defense.
- Maddie Span, Amber Rowoldt and Jennie Anderson all had double-digit kills for PBA. The Sailfish notched 12 blocks as a team.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the fourth match in a row that Fullerton has had at least three blocks.
- The last time these teams met earlier this season, PBA and Lynn both had 10 service errors apiece. The Fighting Knights had one service error tonight whereas the Sailfish had six.
- The .080 hitting percentage for Lynn was the second lowest for the squad this season and the lowest since they hit .069 against Barry.
- Each of the last three seasons, Lynn and PBA have had a set finish at a score of 25-23.
The Fighting Knights are back in action Friday, Oct. 12, at 7 p.m. when the team travels to Saint Leo. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.