Saint Leo, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team played catch-up all of Friday night as the Fighting Knights fell in Sunshine State Conference play at Saint Leo University, 3-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Saint Leo 3, Lynn 0 (25-15, 25-22, 25-14
Records: Saint Leo (10-10, 7-5 SSC), Lynn (11-9, 5-8 SSC)
Location: Bowman Activities Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
All-Time Series: Saint Leo leads 29-14
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Lauren Odom had a strong night out of the middle, posting six kills on 11 swings with no errors for a .545 attack clip. She also led the team in blocking with four block assists.
- Rafaela Fonseca was the only Lynn attacker in double figures, notching 13 kills with nine digs and two of the team's three service aces.
- Sonja Udovivc also neared a double-double, finishing with seven kills and nine digs.
- Paige Fullerton added six kills and two blocks.
- Isadora Nicolai led the way with 20 assists, followed by Biatriz Souza Berti with 12 helpers and six digs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- When Saint Leo played at Lynn earlier this season, a Lions 3-1 victory, Odom posted 11 blocks, tying the school record for most blocks in a four-set match, joining Claire Angelich (vs. Embry-riddle; 10/02/15) and Haley Pratt (vs. Eckerd; 09/29/12).
- The Fighting Knights recorded a season-low 38 digs. It is the team's lowest output since the fourth match of the 2017 season (37 at Florida Southern). No Fighting Knights hit double-digits in the digs column.
- Saint Leo hit .389 as a team for the match, marking the highest attack percentage against the Blue and White this season.
The Fighting Knights have another tough road match tomorrow, Saturday, Oct. 13, as the squad heads to Florida Southern for a 4 p.m. tilt.