Lakeland, Fla. – Sophomore middle Lauren Odom was heavily featured in the Lynn University volleyball team's offensive game plan on Saturday evening, but the Fighting Knights dropped a close Sunshine State Conference contest at Florida Southern College, 3-1.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Southern 3, Lynn 1 (25-22, 25-17, 24-26, 25-23)
Records: FSC (14-8, 9-5 SSC), Lynn (11-10, 5-9 SSC)
Location: Jenkins Field House| Lakeland, Fla.
All-Time Series: FSC leads 33-11
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Odom logged career-highs across the board offensively, posting a match-high 17 kills on 41 attempts with a .244 hitting percentage. She also added two blocks on defense.
- Outsides Sonja Udovcic and Rafaela Fonseca tallied 16 kills apiece while rounding out double-doubles with 17 and 20 digs, respectively. Udovcic held a team-high .256 hitting clip.
- Olivia La Plume had 14 digs with Marine Kinna adding on 11.
- Isadora Nicolai facilitated 25 assists, with Biatriz Souza Berti securing a 21-assist, 11-dig double-double.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Earlier this season, Lynn defeated Florida Southern 3-2 in Boca Raton.
- Last season, Florida Southern took both matches over Lynn, finished with a 30-7 (19-1 SSC) record and were runners-up at the NCAA National Championship.
- FSC opened up this year ranked No. 4 in the AVCA Preseason National Rankings. They have since dropped out.
- Odom's previous career-highs were 11 kills and 23 attack attempts, both set earlier this season.
The Fighting Knights head to Orlando next weekend for the South Region Crossover, where they will take on three to-be-determined opponents from the Gulf South Conference.