Winter Park, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team defeated the Rollins College Tars in a Sunshine State Conference battle on Friday night, 3-0. Rafaela Fonseca tied the program record with eight service aces.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Rollins 0 (25-18, 25-14, 25-14)
Records: Lynn (15-12, 8-9 SSC), Rollins (4-23, 1-16 SSC)
Location: Warden Arena | Winter Park, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 24-20 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- After taking the first set 25-18, Lynn scored the first 10 points of the second set. Nine straight were served by Fonseca.
- Fonseca finished the match with eight aces and a .200 hitting percentage (10-for-25). Six of her aces were served during the beginning of the second set.
- Sonja Udovcic recorded a match-high 15 kills (.367) while adding nine digs and three blocks, one solo.
- Marine Kinna logged a match-high 17 digs for the Blue and White and added three kills, three assists and an ace.
- Biatriz Souza Berti finished the match one dig shy of a double-double (9) and added a match-high 18 assists.
- Lauren Odom had six blocks, including three solo, to lead the front line defense.
- The Blue and White held Rollins to a .090 attack clip while Lynn hit .258 as a team.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Tonight's 3-0 victory over the Tars marks the first time in program history that the Blue and White have swept both matches in a season series against Rollins.
- Lynn is now 4-1 in their last five games. Rollins has now lost six straight.
- The last time these two teams met, Lynn hit .375%, its best hitting percentage this season.
- This was the first match of a four-game road trip for Lynn to conclude the 2018 season.
- Fonesca's eight aces are a career high and marks the most by any SSC player this season.
- Eight aces tie the most in any match in Lynn's history.
- Fonseca now has 13 aces in her last two matches.
- Lynn's 12 service aces are the most in a match this season and are the most since they had 13 on Oct. 14, 2016 against the Christian Brothers.
- Rollins only led for seven points in the match (the first seven serves).
- Lynn has totaled seven blocks or more in each of its last six matches.
- The Blue and White improve to 8-7 in three-set matches this season.
The Blue and White look to continue their postseason push as they travel to Tampa, Fla., tomorrow to face the Spartans for a 4 p.m. match. Fans can watch live at LynnFightingKnights.com.