Tampa, Fla. – The seventh-ranked Tampa Spartans were too tall a task for Lynn University's volleyball team on Saturday as the Fighting Knights got off to a slow start and fell on the road in Sunshine State Conference play, 3-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Tampa 3, Lynn 0 (25-11, 25-19, 25-18)
Records: Tampa (26-3, 16-2 SSC), Lynn (15-13, 8-10 SSC)
Location: Martinez Center | Tampa, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 43-3
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Sonja Udovcic posted team-highs in kills (7) and digs (15), adding a block and a service ace.
- Lauren Odom was next offensively, tacking on six kills at a solid .308 attack percentage. She led the team in blocking with four block assists.
- Biatriz Souza Berti registered 11 assists, seven digs and an ace.
- Bridgette O'Connor came off the bench and provided four kills on eight swings for a team-best .375 attack clip.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Both of Lynn's matchups against Tampa this season have been when the Spartans were ranked nationally in the top-10. Lynn lost 3-0 at home on Sept. 28 when Tampa was ranked No. 8.
- Tampa currently sits atop the SSC standings.
- Lynn's .086 hitting clip in the third set was its highest of the match.
- Souza Berti started her fourth match of the season and third straight.
- Lynn was held to a negative hitting percentage (-.010) for the first time since Sept. 25, 2015, at No. 9 Florida Southern (-.072).
Lynn has one weekend left of conference play, with both matches on the road. The Fighting Knights will first travel to Embry-Riddle on Friday, Nov. 9, for a 7 p.m. clash.