Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's volleyball team finished the regular season with a strong 3-0 Sunshine State Conference victory over Florida Tech on Saturday afternoon. After a long third set, senior Rafaela Fonseca clinched the victory for the Blue and White with an ace.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 3, Florida Tech 0 (25-14, 25-22, 28-26)
Records: Lynn (17-13, 10-10 SSC), FIT (9-22, 4-16 SSC)
Location: Titans Field House | Melbourne, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 23-21 all-time (Lynn won 3-0 in Sept.)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- The Blue and White totaled a season-best .352 attack clip, recording 51 kills on 108 attempts.
- After a historic night yesterday, Sonja Udovcic continued to have success at the net, tallying a match-high 18 kills on 31 attempts with just one error for a career-high .548 hitting percentage.
- In her final collegiate regular-season match, Fonseca recorded her 16th double-double of the season with 16 kills and a match-high 14 digs. She logged a .419 attack clip – her third-best mark this season.
- Lauren Odom finished with seven kills on 15 attempts (.467%) while Paige Fullerton added six kills on 14 chances. Fullerton also added a team-high three blocks in the match, including two solo.
- Isadora Nicolai and Biatriz Souza Berti both totaled 17 and 21 assists, respectively. Souza Berti also added eight digs.
- Nicolai and Fonseca both had two service aces in the match.
- There were no lead changes in either of the first two sets, but there were eight ties and one lead change in the third.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Marine Kinna started the game serving eight straight points for the Fighting Knights. In their last outing against the Panthers, she served 11 straight points in the third set.
- Udovcic's .548 attack clip is the 20th-best mark in program history and the highest since Morgan Dulaney's .562 in 2015.
- Lynn's .352 attack percentage is the best in a match for the Blue and White this season and is the best since they registered a .353 percentage against Florida Tech in 2016.
- In just two seasons, Fonseca will move into the top-10 in career program history with 677 kills (10th all-time), 3.35 kills per set (6th all-time), 2,102 attack attempts (8th all-time), .953 service percentage (5th all-time), .949 serve-receive percentage (6th all-time) and 3.62 digs per set (5th all-time).
- The Blue and White finish 10-6 in their 16 three-set matches this season.
- After starting the season 6-1, the Fighting Knights closed out their 2018 campaign with six wins over the final eight matches.
- Udovcic finished the 2018 regular season in the top-10 in Lynn's individual-season records in kills (433), kills per set (3.97), and attack attempts (1137). Her 433 kills this season are the sixth-most in a season in program history.
- Udovcic has had exactly 398 digs in each of the last two seasons (both team-highs).
- The team's .938 service percentage is a new season-long program record. Last year's squad finished with a .932 clip – good for second most.
- The Fighting Knights recorded over 1,900 digs for the third time in the last 10 years.
- Lynn finishes the regular season 17-13 and 10-10 in SSC play.