Huntsville, Ala. – Lynn University's women's volleyball team rolled its way to two straight-set victories on Saturday, downing Mississippi College and Ouachita Baptist to complete a 3-1 weekend at Alabama-Huntsville's Charger Classic.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Mississippi Coll. 0 (25-21, 25-20, 25-15), Lynn 3, Ouachita Baptist 0 (25-14, 25-15, 25-18)
Records: Lynn (7-1), Miss. Coll. (3-6), Ouachita Baptist (4-4)
Location: Spragins Hall | Huntsville, Ala.
Series History: First-ever meetings between Lynn and MC, OBU
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Mississippi College
- Lynn's offense was clicking from the outset, totaling at least 14 kills in all three sets on its way to a .274 attack percentage for the match.
- Middle hitters Lauren Odom and Victoria Macaluso combined for 21 kills, hitting .548 as a tandem.
- Biatriz Souza Berti and Melanie Cuervo effectively ran the Blue and White's 6-2 offense, dishing out 20 and 19 assists, respectively.
- Marine Kinna (15), Ruth Zijlstra (13) and Sonja Udovcic (12) each totaled double-digit digs.
- Ouachita Baptist
- Odom anchored the offensive effort again in the final match of the weekend, posting seven kills on 14 attempts.
- Udovcic and Kinna ripped off 21 combined kills from their outside hitter positions for a Blue and White offense that hit at a blistering .328 clip.
- Macaluso chipped in nine kills of her own to add to Lynn's total of 51 kills in three sets.
- Three Fighting Knights posted double-doubles as Udovcic, Kinna and Berti all took part in stuffing the stat sheet.
- Libero Olivia LaPlume totaled a match-high 19 digs, patrolling the Blue and White backline.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn moves to 7-1 for the first time since the 2012 season.
- Macaluso has totaled nine of more kills in six of Lynn's eight matches.
- The Blue and White have earned sweeps in five of their seven victories, including three straight to conclude the weekend.
- LaPlume's 19 digs tied a career-high set last season on October 20 against West Alabama.
Lynn now takes its 7-1 record into Sunshine State Conference play, hosting Barry on Friday, Sept. 20 at 7 p.m.