FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Lynn University Volleyball was looking to move to 3-0 in Sunshine State Conference play for the first time in program history when they traveled to Nova Southeastern. It wasn't easy, but for the second time in as many matches they made history. After falling behind 2-0, the Fighting Knights did just that and came back to win the match, 3-2.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Nova Southeastern 2 (21-25, 22-25, 25-17, 25-20, 15-12)
Records: Lynn (10-1, 3-0), Nova Southeastern (7-4, 0-3)
Location: Rick Case Arena | Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads the all-time series 27-20 and last played in 2018.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Marine Kinna posted her fourth-straight double-double including a match-high 18 kills. She added 13 digs. Kinna came within one ace of a triple-double.
- Not to be outdone was regining conference player of the week Sonja Udovcic who had a double-double of her own with 15 kills and 14 digs.
- Victoria Macaluso posted a career-high 14 kills and added a solo block and two block assists.
- Beatriz Souza Berti had a game-high 30 assists.
Melanie Cuervo had 24 assists of her own.
- Olivia La Plume had a match-high 31 digs.
- The Fighting Knights had three solo blocks and 12 block assists.
- Lynn hit .216 compared to just .201 for Nova Southeastern.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The history keeps getting rewritten for Lynn, 10-1 in the best start to a season in program history.
- Kinna set a new program record for aces in a five-set match and tied her season-high in kills.
- Udovcic has posted a double-double in five-straight matches.
- La Plume's 31 digs is a career-high.
The Fighting Knights will get a couple days off before they host Rollins on Saturday at 4 p.m. Fans you can always follow the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com