BOCA RATON, Fla. – On Tuesday, Lynn University volleyball had to make a huge comeback to defeat Nova Southeastern. After improving to 3-0 in conference play, they dropped the second set to Rollins and fell behind in the third and was in danger of falling behind again. The Fighting Knights rallied and came back to win the set and would take the match in four, to move to 4-0 in Sunshine State Conference play.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Rollins (27-25, 24-26, 26-24, 25-16)
Records: Lynn (11-1, 4-0), Rollins (4-7, 1-2)
Location: de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails the all-time series 24-21 and last played in 2018.
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Reigning conference player of the week Sonja Udovcic led all players with 17 kills and added 13 digs.
- Marnie Kinna fell just short of another double-double but had 12 kills and eight digs.
- Paige Barash was huge for the Lynn offense with her 12 kills.
- Olivia La Plume posted 26 digs.
- Melanie Cuervo led the Fighting Knights with 24 assists.
- Biatriz Souza Berti added 16 assists.
- Lynn hit .285 vs. the Tars.
- After posting 10 aces against NSU, Lynn had eight more on Saturday.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The history keeps getting rewritten for Lynn, 11-1 in the best start to a season in program history.
- This is the first time the Fighting Knights have been 4-0 in conference play.
- Udovcic has posted a double-double in six-straight matches.
Lynn starts a stretch of nine-straight matches away from de Hoernle when they travel to Saint Leo on Friday. Fans you can always follow the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com