SAINT LEO, Fla. – There had been two stories surrounding the start of conference play for Lynn University volleyball, history making and the ability to comeback. Saint Leo didn't want anything to do with either of those on Friday night when they handed the Fighting Knights their first Sunshine State Conference loss of the season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 0, Saint Leo 3 (23-25, 23-25, 20-25)
Records: Lynn (11-2, 4-1), Saint Leo (10-4, 4-2)
Location: Marion Bowman Activities Center | Saint Leo, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails the all-time series 14-30 and last played in 2018.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Sonja Udovcic posted another double-double with her team-high 10 kills and tied for the team lead in digs with 11.
- Reigning offensive player of the week Marnie Kinna also had 11 digs.
- Olivia La Plume posted 11 digs.
- Biatriz Souza Berti had a team-high 19 assists and 10 digs.
- Melanie Cuervo had 14 assists.
- Lauren Odom had three block assists and a solo block.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This was the seventh-consecutive match Udovcic posted a double-double.
- Lynn is still a game ahead of Barry for second-place in the SSC.
Lynn will look to make some more history Saturday when they look for their first win at Tampa. The match is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. and fans you can always follow the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com