TAMPA, Fla. – Less than 24 hours after dropping its first Sunshine State Conference match, Lynn University volleyball came out and took the first two sets from Tampa on Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, for the Fighting Knights, the Spartans pulled a comeback that Lynn has made so common during conference play to take the match.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 2, Tampa 3 (25-21, 25-15, 23-25, 19-25, 8-15)
Records: Lynn (11-3, 4-2), Tampa (9-6, 5-2)
Location: Bob Martinez Athletics Center | Tampa, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails the all-time series 3-44 and last played in 2018.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Fresh off her seventh-straight double-double, offensive player of the week Sonja Udovcic extended the streak to eight in a row with a match-high 20 kills and added 14 digs.
- Marnie Kinna got back in the double-double column with a matching 16 kills and 16 digs.
- Siena Kelley gave Lynn three attackers in double figures for kills with her 10.
- Biatriz Souza Berti posted a rare 20-20 match with 26 assists and 21 digs.
- Melanie Cuervo added 21 assists.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The 20 kills by Udovcic are a season-high.
- This was the second career 20-20 match for Souza Berti.
Lynn returns to Western Florida next weekend when they take on Florida Southern on Friday at 7 p.m. Fans you can always follow the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com