ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – It wasn't the start Lynn University volleyball was looking for fresh off its first sweep of the conference season. Eckerd came out and took the opening set, however, the Fighting Knights regrouped and took the next three sets to win the match, 3-1.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Eckerd 1 (23-25, 25-21, 25-21, 25-15)
Records: Lynn (13-3, 6-2), Eckerd (11-5, 4-4)
Location: Turley Athletic Complex | St. Petersburg, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails the all-time series 20-25 and last played in 2018.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- A trio of Lynn players posted double-digit kills led by Marine Kinna with 18, she added 13 digs.
- Sonja Udovcic was right behind for the team lead with 17 kills, she added 11 digs.
- Siena Kelley rounded out the group with 11 kills, which was good for fourth-best of the match. She added four block assists.
- Biatriz Souza Berti again had a match-high for assists, this time with 45. She was a two-way player vs. the Tritons adding 10 digs,
- Ruth Zijlstra posted a match-high 20 digs.
- Olivia La Plume was also in double digits for digs with 11.
- Lynn again out hit its opponent, .283 compared to .135.
- The Fighting Knights posted 16 blocks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Udovcic notched her 10th-straight double-double.
- The 45 assists by Souza Berti are a new career-high, topping her previous mark set in the match on Friday night.
- Three Fighting Knights had a double-double.
Lynn will get ready for the Gulf South Crossover Tournament. The bracketing for that tournament will be announced early next week and you can find that schedule and everything else Fighting Knights related at LynnFightingKnights.com.