HOOVER, Ala. – Lynn University volleyball was looking to even the score against Alabama Huntsville on Friday night in the opening match of the Sunshine State and Gulf South Conference Crossover Tournament. The Fighting Knights got off to a fast start taking the first set, but UAH charged backed and won the match in five.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Alabama Huntsville 3, Lynn 2 (25-22, 22-25, 12-15, 25-18, 13-15)
Records: Lynn (13-4), Alabama Huntsville (14-5)
Location: Finley Center| Hoover, Ala.
Series History: Despite the loss, Lynn leads the all-time series 6-4.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Sonja Udovcic continued her great season with a match-high 17 kills. She added 27 digs, which were more than all but two players.
- Marnie Kinna did her part when she posted a double-double of 13 kills and 20 digs.
- Victoria Macaluso was a force in the middle with 10 kills. She added a pair of blocks and block assists.
- Biatriz Souza Berti posted the third Fighting Knights double-double with 36 assists and 15 digs.
- Ruth Zijlstra posted a match-high 33 digs.
- Lauren Odom had nine kills from the middle blocker position and added five block assists.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- For the 11th-straight match, Udovcic posted a double-double.
- Macaluso and Odom combine for 19 kills from the middle blocker position.
Lynn will look to rebound on Saturday with a pair of matches starting at 2:30 p.m. against Valdosta State.