HOOVER, Ala. – Lynn University volleyball continued its dominance over the Gulf South Conference teams not named Alabama Huntsville. Coming into the GSC/Sunshine State Crossover Tourney, the Fighting Knights already had three wins over the conference. They swept their way to a pair of victories over Valdosta State and West Georgia.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Valdosta State 0 (25-11, 25-12, 25-20), Lynn 3, West Georgia 0 (25-22, 25-12, 25-16)
Records: Lynn (15-4, Valdosta State (11-12), West Georgia (12-9)
Location: Finley Center| Hoover, Ala.
Series History: Lynn now leads the all-time series against the Blazers, 7-3, and lead the series vs. the Wolves, 3-0.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Valdosta State
- Sonja Udovcic led all players with 14 kills. She added nine digs.
- Middle hitters Lauren Odom and Victoria Macaluso combined for 13 kills.
- Biatriz Souza Berti had a match-high 39 assists.
- Marine Kinna posted a double-double for the Fighting Knights with 10 kills and 10 digs.
- Ruth Zijlstra had a match-high 13 digs.
- Lynn hit a robust .341 while holding the Blazers to under .100.
- West Georgia
- Kinna carried the load for the Lynn offense with a match-high 17 kills. She came two digs away from a double-double.
- Milica Kusmuk had 14 kills, only Kinna had more.
- Souza Berti had a massive double-double with 31 assists and 13 digs.
- Udovcic was held under double digits for kills, but had 13 digs.
- Zijlstra again had a match-high in digs this time with 16.
- Lynn held the Wolves to a -.018 hitting percentage.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Udovcic moved into the 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs club during the win over UWG.
- The 14 kills by Kusmuk are a new career-high.
- With wins over VSU and UWG Lynn improved to 5-2 against the Gulf South.