WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Lynn University was back in the state of Florida, but still not at home when they took on Palm Beach Atlantic on Tuesday night. The Sailfish were the first team the Fighting Knights faced for the second time in conference play and they picked up their first season sweep with a 3-0 sweep.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Palm Beach Atlantic 0 (25-21, 25-23, 25-14)
Records: Lynn (16-4,7-2), Palm Beach Atlantic (12-8, 4-5)
Location: Rubin Arena| West Palm Beach, Fla.
Series History: Lynn is now 12-26 against Palm Beach Atlantic
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Sonja Udovcic again posted a double-double with a match-high 17 kills and 12 digs.
- Playing for the first time since being named all-tournament team in the Gulf South Crossover Tournament Marine Kinna kept it rolling with 10 kills and eight digs.
- Ruth Zijlstra was also a first team tourney member and she posted 12 digs vs. the Sailfish.
- Middle hitters Lauren Odom and Victoria Macaluso combined for 13 kills.
- Biatriz Souza Berti again had a match-high in assists with 35.
- Marine Kinna posted a double-double for the Fighting Knights with 10 kills and 10 digs.
- Lynn hit .321 as a team and held PBA to .165.
- The Fighting Knights combined for 16 block assists.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Souza Berti has now had at least 30 assists in six-straight matches.
- Udovcic has been in double digits for kills in all but four matches this season.
For the first time this month, Lynn returns home to play a match when they host Embry Riddle on Friday night at 7. The Eagles will come into play with an identical 7-2 record in Sunshine State Conference play.