BOCA RATON, Fla. – Back home for the first time in a month, Lynn volleyball was looking to break a tie with Embry-Riddle for second place in the Sunshine State Conference. The Fighting Knights used a 13-6 run to win the third set and take a 2-1 lead on the way to a four-set victory.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Embry-Riddle 1 (25-19, 20-25, 25-18, 25-21)
Records: Lynn (17-4, 8-2), Embry-Riddle (14-3 7-3)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads the all-time series 17-5
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Marine Kinna had a monster match with a game-high 23 kills. She added 17 digs.
- Sonja Udovcic had yet another double-double with 15 kills and a match-high 24 digs.
- Speaking of double-doubles, Biatriz Souza Berti had 55 assists and 12 digs.
- Victoria Macaluso was running from pin-to-pin and notched 14 kills. She added a solo block and block assist.
- Lynn took control of the match with their run in the third set when the match was tied at 1-1. They broke open an 11-11 set by scoring 13 of the final 19 points.
- The fourth set was nip and tuck as well. The Fighting Knights trailed 21-20 before scoring five-straight points to win the match.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The 55 assists for Souza Berti are a new career-high, breaking her previous record of 45 she had against Eckerd earlier in October.
- Kinna's 23 kills are a new career-high for her breaking her old mark of 18, which she accomplished three times this season.
- Macaluso tied her career-high in kills.
- The 24 digs for Udovcic are good for the second-most in her Lynn career.
There is no rest for Lynn, they are right back at it Saturday at 4 p.m. when they host Florida Tech. You can follow along and always stay up-to-date on everything Lynn athletics-related at LynnFightingKnights.com