BOCA RATON, Fla. – A historical season continued Tuesday night for Lynn volleyball. Sitting on a seven-match winning streak the Fighting Knights took on Nova Southeastern and after the Sharks took the opening set, Lynn reeled off three-straight and picked up its 12th Sunshine State Conference win of the season, a new program record.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Scores: Lynn 3, Nova Southeastern 1 (21-25, 25-19, 25-18, 25-17)
Records: Lynn (21-4, 12-2), Nova Southeastern (14-11, 6-8)
Location: de Hoernle Sports and Cultural Center| Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads the all-time series 27-20 after the two wins this season.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Marine Kinna has been a huge factor for Lynn all season and that was no different on Tuesday. She posted the only double-double of the match with 15 kills and 12 digs.
- Sonja Udovcic had a match-high 17 kills and added eight digs.
- Reigning two-time SSC Setter of the Week Biatriz Souza Berti pushed her streak of matches with at least 30 assists to 11 with 44 against the Sharks.
- Ruth Zijlstra had a match-high 21 digs and added four aces, three of which came in succession to help Lynn build an early lead in the fourth set.
- As a team, the Fighting Knights had nine aces.
- The Fighting Knights held Florida Tech to just a .088 hitting percentage.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn topped the previous program record for SSC win posted in 2010.
- They have won eight-straight matches and 10 of their last 11.
- Nova was the fourth SSC team Lynn has swept this season.
- Lynn now has 21 wins on the season and is quickly closing in on the program record of 24.
The Fighting Knights will get a chance to exact some revenge against Tampa on Friday at 7 p.m. The Trojans were the last conference opponent Lynn didn't beat. The teams will come into play tied in the loss column for first place.