Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's cross country team ended in 10th place at the Florida Tech Invitational on Saturday morning. Thalie Carmigniani led the way for the Fighting Knights after coming in 39th in the Non-Division 1 5K with a time of 20:51.48.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Location: Wickham Park | Melbourne, Fla
Race Length: 5K - 3.1 miles
History at Event: 1st appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Thalie Carmigniani had the best finish for the Blue & White, finishing 39th.
- Natalie Beck finished in 69th clocking in at 21:45.35.
- Eighth tenths of a second behind her was Breanne Dejong who finished in 70th place with a time of 21:45.43.
- In 74th place was Sydney Parks who ran a 22:02.64 time.
- Seven seconds later came in Courtney Morin, who ended in 76th place with a time of 22:09.10.
- Cape Charles, Va. native Meadow Noonan placed in 100th after running a 23:02.22 time.
- Megan Selfridge ended with a time of 24:41.89 and Flucindia Supreme rounded out the contigent in 24:42.50.
BEYOND THE FINISH LINE:
- Thalie Carmigniani's time is the ninth fastest time 5K time in program history. She now owns the ninth and 10th fastest 5K times in the school's history.
- Every runner who competed at the FAU Invitational improved on their times at the Florida Tech Cross Country Invitational.
The Blue & White now turn their attention to the Moccasins Invitational hosted by Florida Southern in Lakeland, Fla., on Saturday, Sept. 17, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Fans can keep up with the action at LynnFightingKnights.com.